December 28th, 2010
So, zetshia_gudani succeeded in falling down some steps. Unfortunately, she did not stick the landing. She hurt her ankle a bit. In spite of that, the Romanian judge gave her a strangely high 3.6, so while the IOC is looking into allegations there, I shouldn't really add anything else.
Last night was a tremendously dull hockey game. At least if you're a Sharks fan. Luckily, my strange attractor was on overdrive. I left zetshia_gudani at the arena and walked back to the parking structure with the intent of driving back over to pick her up.
Along the way, a tremendously drunk gal decided to try and pick me up. In spite of the fact that her mom and dad were there. After a few pleasantries, we came down to:
Me: "So, I guess you like guys with long hair?"
Her: "Well -- I just like boys."
Me: "Do you like girls too?"
(Now, at this point, I'd expected she'd be aware of her parents for some goofy reason and that she'd say "No". I'd planned on the follow-up: "Oh, then I bet you'd hate my girlfriend..." Instead:)
Her: "I love girls"
Parents: [stunned silence]
Me [to Parents]: "I bet you didn't know that about your daughter!"
New Year's Eve plans seem nonexistent across the board. Since zetshia_gudani is immobile, I think I'm going to plan on a small gathering. Strange Days -- one of my favorite films -- seems like a good choice for this year. Anyone up for hanging out at my pad?
|Date:||December 29th, 2010 03:17 am (UTC)|| |
hahaha i lolled at your story & then read it aloud to joe. we are pleased.
I'd have to say that it was quite a successful outing. ; )
|Date:||December 29th, 2010 11:26 am (UTC)|| |
Ha, not a bad choice for New Year's at all.
What are some of your other favorite movies, though? Aside from Wizard of Speed and Time?
And did you see any of the exchange between the girls and her parents after the stunned silence?
Not too much more of the exchange. She yelled bye to me twice. I yelled bye to the first one. To the second one, I pulled off my cap and tipped it at her.
Other favorite movies:
1) I could watch Speed Racer (the movie) & Scott Pilgrim vs. the World all day.
2) John Carpenter's The Thing is pure awesomeness.
3) The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and Dude, Where's My Car? strike me as an excellent double feature of favored movies.
4) Blade Runner and Logan's Run similarly, though Logan's Run is probably the least favorite of my favorite movies.
5) Back to the Future 1 & 2. I haven't seen 3 in a really long time, but when I did see it, I didn't really dig it.
And now, stepping away from science-fiction....
6) His Kind of Woman is way up there on my list. The writing's fantastic, Jane Russell lights up the screen, and Mitchum plays a capable hero with Vincent Price (!!!) as a foil. Seriously -- Vincent Price recites Shakespeare. How can you go wrong there?
7) Yojimbo and Sanjuro rate pretty highly on my list. So does Ikiru -- that's a movie I'll sit down and watch the next time I feel a need to be tremendously depressed.
8) Pulp Fiction. As much as I love Kill Bill (mostly Volume 2) and Reservoir Dogs, I could stand having only seen that Tarantino flick.
9) Raiders of the Lost Ark and Die Hard strike me as two of the greatest action films of all time.
10) Holy cow, I just remembered a bunch of films that I also really like. This is going to turn into a post.
Edited at 2010-12-29 06:32 pm (UTC)
|Date:||December 29th, 2010 06:36 pm (UTC)|| |
I can't believe Scott Pilgrim performed as badly as it did. I wanted to see it more than once in a theater here, but they only showed it at unreasonable hours (two and four PM) in Haifa.
I'm looking forward to the post! My memory is terrible so I just have a list handy.