October 1st, 2010
philled2thebrim, zweeb, and greenbuttercup went to see the last Freezepop show on this tour. I arranged for zweeb and greenbuttercup to go as a birthday present. I intended to surprise them with philled2thebrim's appearance, but that was apparently somewhat spoiled.
I desperately wanted to go. I super extra wanted to go. I don't want the tour to end. I just want a little Freezepop/Ming & Ping/Aerodrone show on a shelf somewhere that I can bring down and go to again.
I considered buying plane tickets last night, but I let practicality win out. In the end, there were things that I needed to do and -- more importantly -- the entire crazy adventure would have only delayed the inevitable sense of disappointment that I feel now.
The title of the last episode of Star Trek:The Next Generation was "All good things..."
Anyway -- the important stuff for the three of them:
1) What did they play as their last song in which they invited the other bands on stage? [Apparently, it was "Don't Stop Believin'", "The Final Countdown", and "Happy Birthday"
2) Was the Other Sean T. Drinkwater super awesome or still suffering from food poisoning?
3) What'd you think of Ming & Ping and Aerodrone?
4) Did the monkey make you dance?
(This must be what it's like to be into Bandom. Mind you, I don't fantasize about the members of the bands or anything. I think I'm just super attached to this tour because I made an impression on them and they remembered me. I feel like that recognition & connection is just going to disappear now & it makes me just a little sad.)
Well then. A resolution. Tomorrow, I will post about something non-Freezepop/Ming & Ping/Aerodrone related. Time for me to pick up the pieces and move on.
3) i was underwhelmed by aerodrone, but p/ming was really amusing. both the whole concept and the stage being covered with dancing people.
4) well, OF COURSE he did. though i'm not absolutely sure we needed to see him masturbate.