June 21st, 2007
|06:53 am - Meme shamelessly stolen from just_aims|
"Tell me five things about yourself, four of them being true. We'll see if I can guess the false one.
Just so I get to be the first one to guess, I'm screening comments."
1) one of my ancestors was a catholic priest
2) the first person i came out to was my dad's girlfriend
3) in junior high i fell out of a tree and broke both arms
4) i was homeless for the first two years of high school
5) i never believed in santa claus
I dimly recall hearing of 3 and 4, so that leaves 1, 2, and 5.
The Catholic priest thing is kind of suspect, the Santa thing is believable, but I'm going to go with #2
. I bet she wasn't the first person you came out to.
she was. she was surprisingly cool and made pretty much the best minestrone ever.
So you believed in Santa as a kid?
nope. my parents completely dropped the ball on the whole santa thing. my dad gave a couple half-hearted tries, but he wasn't fooling anyone. they also super-failed on the tooth-fairy thing.
Bastard. You're an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a puzzle wrapped in a brainteaser wrapped in a logic problem, baked into a paradox, and brought to a slow boil in delicious, delicious confusion.
I was pretty sure that Santa wasn't right, but I was equally sure of your arms and the homeless thing.
Ok -- then you didn't break your arms!
I think it's #1
personally, although it COULD happen.
my family tree is a fucked up place.
What, we don't get to guess some of testing4L's?
Ok, here's mine:
1. My ancestors used to paint themselves blue and run naked through the hillsides, just to freak people out.
2. I once won a writing competion, which got my commercial on the radio for months, and a meeting with the Mayor of my childhood home.
3. I have never smoked pot.
4. One of my ex-boyfriends played the part of a dead body in "Platoon" (and bragged constantly about his "film role".)
5. I have never seen the movie "Brazil".
I know better on counts 1 and 5. You've discussed both at game night.
4 sounds on par with your taste in boyfriends. ; )
That leaves 2 and 3 and I think you've said 3 at game night.
So, I'm guessing 2. 8)
My understanding of tradition is that the man washes the woman's feet before sex, so I'm a bit confused about 5 and 4. 4 is obviously false, which would lead 5 to be false. I think you might have messed up the meme.
Anyway, if I weren't going to guess that, then I'd guess #1
because it doesn't appear in your LJ.
1. I was born with a broken shoulder under a comet.
2. I injured myself once trying to do a standing split while drunk.
3. My grandfather fought under Paton in WWII.
4. I won a school spelling bee in 5th grade.
5. I just moved for the 15th time in my life on Saturday.
Can you list 5 things for yourself?
I'm really conflicted between 2 and 3. I think you've told me 2, so I'll guess 3.
As for listing things for myself -- isn't it the point of a meme that it spreads? Post it and I'll gleefully provide 5.
Nope, it was #4
that was made up. I never won any schoolwide spelling bee. My grandfather, however, did indeed fight in WWII in Paton's third armored division. He's been gone from us a long time though.
I had my first kiss when I was 15.
I've only been stung by a bee twice in my life.
I met the Olsen Twins and they were quite sweet.
I was a shy kid. I cried in my 2nd grade school picture.
My first real life crush (as in, not Jonathan Taylor Thomas) was in the third grade and on an Asian boy with glasses named Herman.
I say you've never met the Olsen twins.
I did. I/they/we were nine at the time. They WERE quite nice! I remember I was SO excited. We got our picture taken like, four times, because my parents were crazy. And they were really polite about the whole thing and acted like it wasn't a big deal at all. I also got their nine-year-old autographs. :)
Hmm. In that case, the bee.
I was only stung once, so it's believable.