Whereas, the Human spirit is elevated to a broader understanding of itself through the study and performance in the aesthetic arts, and
Whereas, serious cutbacks in funding and support have steadily eroded state institutions and their programs throughout our country,
Be it resolved that all citizens of the United States actively voice their affirmative and collective support for necessary funding at the local, state, and national levels of education and government, to ensure the survival of arts programs.
1) "Human" oughtn't be capitalized.
2) The whereas statements ought to be terminated by semicolons, not commas. Additionally, the "and" in the first statement is superfluous.
3) Nothing in particular is resolved in the last clause.
4) There's no apparent tie between the serious cutbacks and this brader understanding.
5) I'm reasonably sure that not all citizens actively voice their affirmation having never been consulted about this rather poorly constructed statement.
As relsqui pointed out, this is not unlike the common (and incorrect) usage of "whom".